Autor Wątek: Resina  (Przeczytany 2837 razy)

0 użytkowników i 1 Gość przegląda ten wątek.

Techminator

• Administrator
  • Ekspert
Resina
« dnia: Luty 03, 2023, 11:24:47 »
Resina

Karolina to niezwykle utalentowana wiolonczelistka, kompozytorka, muzykoterapeutka, absolwentka Akademii Muzycznej w Gdańsku i Uniwersytetu Gdańskiego. Na scenie muzyki niezależnej obecna jest od blisko 10 ciu lat. Współtworzy, bądź współtworzyła zespoły takie jak: Kings of Caramel, Cieślak i Księżniczki, Nathalie and The Loners , Anthony Chorale, czy zespół nominowanego do „Paszportów Polityki” Michała Bieli. Jest współautorką licznych wydawnictw płytowych, a także muzyki do kilkunastu spektakli teatralnych (w tym świetnie przyjętego „Pinokia” w Nowym Teatrze). Resina jako pierwsza polska artystka w historii podpisała na początku tego roku kontrakt płytowy z legendarną brytyjską wytwórnią FatCat Records, a dokładnie z jej „postklasycznym” oddziałem o nazwie „130701”. Karolina od prawie 10 lat związaną jest z polską sceną niezależną i współtworzy zespoły m.in. Maćka Cieślaka, Michała Bieli czy Natalii Fiedorczuk. Muzykę Artystki określa się jako owoc eksperymentów łączących wiolonczelę i proste narzędzia elektroniczne, w wyniku którego powstają czasem piosenki, a czasem bardziej rozbudowane intuicyjne impresje. Ogniwem spajającym wszystkie kompozycje jest chęć poznania i wykorzystania nieoczywistych właściwości instrumentu.

Resina is the alias of Karolina Rec, a cellist/ composer based in Warsaw, who signed to 130701 having sent in this album as a hugely impressive demo late last year. A very accomplished performer with a background in Polish underground music, this eponymous album is her solo debut and sees a rich, atmospheric re-imagining of Polish music rooted in a feeling for indigenous nature / landscape and realized via an intuitive, experimental approach to playing.

Her playing appears to mimic or suggest certain natural processes / locations / elements –the flocking of birds; the movement of water, clouds, light, wind; the gradual stirring of life in the forest. Track titles reiterate these themes, as does the very name ‘Resina’: the Latin form of resin, “the blood of the tree”. At times recalling the landscape-rooted drone of English composer Richard Skelton, Resina’s pieces feel similarly organic and evocative of nature. Their sprawling growth is awash with tonal / timbral intricacies. Her tracks shimmer and hang around the listener; slowly shift, unfurl and awaken; become increasingly active. Another reference point might be found in Werner Herzog’s musician of choice, Ernst Reijseger, whose powerful cello playing is grounded in a jazz-wise investigation of non-traditional/ non-academic techniques.

The album was produced by Maciej Cieslak; a legendary, uncompromising Polish musician and producer. Rec cooperated on numerous projects with Cieslak, who composed the music on the Oscar-nominated Polish documentary ”Rabbit a la Berlin”, on which she played. Recorded in the last week of October 2014 at Cieslak’s Warsaw studio, the album was recorded almost entirely live, with only very minimal post-production (tape delay, reverb plate).

1. Tatry I   07:10
2. Flock   04:18
3. Tatry II   06:08
4. Nightjar   03:47
5. Dark Sky, White Water   07:39
6. Afterimage   02:16
7. Not Here   07:09

Composed By, Performer - Karolina Rec

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8MiO5tYZA8
Hasta la vista, baby!